The Whitworth University forensics team won the top sweepstakes award at the East Texas Baptist University tournament in Marshall, TX this past weekend. The Arguing Bucs defeated 14 other schools, including national rivals University of Arkansas-Monticello, Louisiana State University-Shreveport, Stephen F. Austin University and Southern Methodist University.
In the varsity division:
- Jacob Farrell ’19 was a quarterfinalist (top eight)
- James Eccles ’17 was the third place speaker
In the junior varsity division:
- Micah Allred was a semifinalist (top four)
- Jordan Bone ‘18 was the first place speaker
In the novice division:
- Tucker Wilson ’20 was an octofinalist (top 16)
- Jess Lewis ’20 was a quarterfinalist.
- Texas native Victoria Benningfield ’20 took second place in the tournament and was the top novice speaker.
The team’s next tournament is at Linfield College in McMinnville, Oregon on November 18-20.