Whitworth Forensics is an interdisciplinary program that provides a rigorous intellectual experience for students interested in the exchange of ideas and in sharpening their public speaking skills. Forensics is open to all students regardless of academic major or previous public-speaking experience.
The Whitworth forensics team competes in intercollegiate tournaments in the Northwest Forensics Conference and in speech and debate tournaments nationwide. Team members test their skills against some of the finest speakers in the U.S. and consistently earn regional and national recognition.
The forensics program covers the costs of tournament entry fees, supplies, travel, meals and lodging, while students contribute the time, effort, enthusiasm and commitment to excellence necessary to prepare for and compete in tournaments. Students also take a one-credit course, Applied Speech: Forensics.
The latest from Whitworth’s Forensics
- The Arguing Bucs win the Western Washington University tournament
- Arguing Bucs win most competitive tournament in the Northwest Forensics Conference
- Forensics team wins the Pacific University Tournament
- Whitworth wins the 2020 National Christian College Forensics Association National Tournament
- Whitworth Forensics takes first in Louisiana tournament
- Arguing Bucs take second at Linfield
- Arguing Bucs start 2019-20 season strong at Lewis & Clark
- Whitworth takes third at national debate tournament
- Arguing Bucs take third at Arkansas Tech University
- Arguing Bucs do well at Western Washington University